Search squid archive

Using squid as a cache and an HTTP accel

Hello to everyone.

I'm currently running squid as a simple proxy. It works perfectly :-)

I'm currently looking for a solution to setup a failover for my internal webserver (www).

Here is my network
[ www ] ---- [ Squid ] // --> [ Web ]
            [ www2 ]

So, on the squid server i've started to setup an http_accel (not finished). I've also setup monitoring script to enable/disable transparent proxying through http_accel.

Well, I'm now trying to force squid to always fetch the same document (ie: index.html). But I don't know how to acheive this. Should I use a redirector programm ? Can it be in conflict with another one ? Should I declare some specials ACL/regex in squid.conf to do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Aurélien Requiem
System administrator
+33.1.40.34.88.39