Search squid archive

Re: SQUID_LDAP_AUTH

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Meyerovich Aleksandr EB_NY wrote:

Anybody could help with squid_ldap_auth usage examples?

There is several in the man page.

Say, I'd like to athenticate users belogning to the group Internet in
DC=domain, DC=com, OU=Users (Microsoft AD)

Then you probably should combine squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group.

squid_ldap_auth for authentication.

squid_ldap_group for verifying group memberships.

If there is only a single group you want to look for then it is possible to do it all with squid_ldap_auth by a carefully constructed search filter thanks to AD storing the group memberships within the user objects as well as the group, but I recommend keeping the functions separate.

Regards
Henrik