Search squid archive

Re: How to know the origin port of a user HTTP request

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Geoffroy ARNOUD wrote:

Squid-Cache which proxies the request to my Web Application. Squid adds
"X-Forwarded-For=IP_ORIG" in the HTTP request. As I tell above, my web
application needs to know the value of ORIG_PORT.

But why do you need the original source port of the request?

So my question is: does anyone know how I can ask squid to provide it to my webapp? in another HTTP header? With "X-Forwarded-For=ORIG_IP:ORIG_PORT"?

It's considered wasteful information and is not forwarded, or even logged.

Regards
Henrik