Search squid archive

Re: pre build rpm

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Remy Almeida wrote:

Actulay i have never build an rpm of my own. and i don't know who to create a spec file.

It's in the source RPM. You only have to modify it slightly to include the patch..

can you give me the steps to create the spec file and to re build the rpm.

eg: my squid sorce is     squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.9.x86_64.rpm

This is a binary RPM, not a source RPM. source RPMs is found in the SRPMS directory.

And I really urge you to get a more up to date version of Squid if building your own. The only good reason to stick to the above ancient version of Squid-2.5 is to stay within the RedHat support, but as you are building your own you exit the RedHat support for the Squid package anyway..

Regards
Henrik