Search squid archive

Re: Squid reverse proxy to a web server and an internet site

> Actually, I need to proxy or accelerate (don't know which word to use here)
> to two sites.
> For example:  lets say my squid server is called squid_server and my web
> server is called apache_server.
> I want my clients to be able to use the url http://squid_server/ to access
> apache_server. (I currently have squid configured to do this.)
> But, I also want them to be able to use the url http://squid_server/yahoo/
> to go to www.yahoo.com.  (this is just an example, I'm not going to really
> use this to access yahoo.com).
> Will doing what you suggest accomplish this?
> Thanks.
> Scott

 Can´t see that being related to SQUID.
 Then you would set something like :

        apache_server/yahoo/index.html

which would redirect to yahoo.

But the privilege of every user to just type , www.yahoo.com , would
remain, I guess;
Can´t see the reason for making life difficult

M.