Search squid archive

squid -k shutdown

Hi all,

I have Squid 2.10 installed on a RH ES3 platform and
I'm having problems shutting down squid.  I am trying
to integrate squid with Smartfilter and then with
Heartbeat to achieve a high availability proxy
solution.  When I do a squid -k shutdown I get the
following error...

Squid ERROR: Could not send signal 15 to process #####
(3) No such process ID

Where ##### is a process ID that I pick.  I choose a
PID number that squid will utilize as a process ID
(e.g. 15383).

Is there some unique number that need to place into
the /usr/local/squid/var/logs/squid.pid file to make
this work or what is the best solution?  Please let me
know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Pamela Rock

Just $16.99/mo. or less.