From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Squid is blocking access to some BBC news sites
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 08:08:04 +0100

On 05.01 11:30, Jason Bassett wrote:
> By the forwarded_for setting, do you mean the "X-Forwarded-For header?", i > have tried this on and off but no change. I can not see a "forwarded_for"
> option on its own.

here it is:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/miscellaneous.htm#forwarded_for

What exactly did you turn on and off and how?

> >From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: Re: Squid is blocking access to some BBC news sites
> >Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:49:07 +0100
> >
> >On 05.01 10:22, Jason Bassett wrote:
> >> Clicking many of these links results in a greyish BBC page stating
> >> "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users
> >> only.".  We are in the UK to this page should appear.
> >>
> >> Bypassing SQUID completely, resolves this issue.
> >
> >I guess you use IPs from private ranges on your network (10.*, 192.168.* or > >172.16-31.*). If so, try setting forwarded_for to off, and if that helps,
> >it's probably a bug on their page that should be reported.

Are you using IP's from this ranges on your network?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them