Search squid archive

Squid is blocking access to some BBC news sites

Hello everyone

I am using SQUID in a school with SQUIDGUARD. It has been brought to my attention that various news articles at www.bbc.co.uk/news do not open properly. This only occurs when going through the SQUID proxy. I have disabled SQUIDGUARD to ensure this was not the problem, it is definitely a SQUID issue.

When we search at www.bbc.co.uk/news (for example for 'genocide' - thats the topic the children are working on), we recieve a list of results, we click "All News Audio Video results >>" and get a more defined list of results with media clips.

Clicking many of these links results in a greyish BBC page stating "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users only.". We are in the UK to this page should appear.

Bypassing SQUID completely, resolves this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Bassett