Search squid archive

Re: how to monitoring squid

> Hello all
> I installed squid on suse 10, how i can know that my squid is running?
> is there a console or something that i can see?

  - Check wether you have  a squid process in the process list :

     % ps auxww |  grep squid

 - Check SQUID's cache.log ,for operational information

 - # tail -f ..../logs/access.log  : to view user activity

 - Use the cachemgr interface to obtain online stats about SQUID.

 - Use log analysis processing tools , giving daily or weekly reports
   concerning squid's load and usage :

         http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

 M.