Search squid archive

Re: How to cache Google search result pages?

On 12/27/05, Sven.Hartrumpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Sven.Hartrumpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have seen an ML discussion about caching Google map data.
> I have a similar problem:
> How can I cache Google search result pages?

Are you sure you want to cache google search results?

> Even the following command
>
> squidclient "http://www.google.de/";
>
> leads always to TCP_MISS in access.log .
> What should I change in squid.conf (2.5.STABLE11),
> which is (almost) the default one?

Google search result URLs include a query string in the URL, and
return a cookie -- both of these will, in a default Squid,  cause the
proxy to explicitly choose not to cache the data.

Additionally the google servers mark their pages as uncacheable,
returning a "Cache-Control: private" header.

Kevin