Search squid archive

Re: Transaprent Acceleration

On Thursday 22 December 2005 19:21, Jerry Thomas wrote:
> I have a need to accelerate some web servers but they must see the
> client IP address as the source of the connection.

Not possible with Squid (in a way that keeps you mentally sane). Let the
web servers use the X-Forwarded-For header instead or use this hack in the
Apache config if you are dealing with CGIs:

SetEnvIf X-Forwarded-For (.*) REMOTE_ADDR=$1

Some dedicated hardware may handle that but those are usually also OSI
layer 2 switches. Squid is "just" a layer on top of TCP/IP.

 Christoph
--
~
~