Search squid archive

NTLM auth kinda works depends on what type of auth is on top

Hi there,

I know that this mailing list seams to get a lot of squid NTLM questions
but I got one more.

For some reason when I have the basic authentication on the top of the
configuration file like so.

# ntlm

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 hour
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate on

# basic

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm webserver realm
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hour
auth_param basic casesensitive off

I can not authenticate against NTLM, the authentication box appears but
no matter what password/username I put in it wont accept it. The
authentication box also says, ?connecting to ip-address?.

Wear as when I have it the other day around it kinda works.

# basic

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm webserver realm
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hour
auth_param basic casesensitive off

# ntlm

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
i-helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 hour
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate on

I can authenticate against basic, the authentication box appears but I
enter a Active directory password/username and it accepts it. The
authentication box also says, ?connecting to squid web caching proxy
server?.

Anyone have any idea?s as to what?s going on?