Search squid archive

2.5 Stable6 Upgrade process

I got Squid to work on my machine. Anyhow I am a very unexperienced Linux
user and would like to know what would be the easiest way to upgrade my
Squid, currently stable6, to stable12.

For example if a problem happens, is it easy for me to reload my working
stable6 version.

The only way I know to make things work again is by reinstalling linux and
replacing all the confs again... That's very much time consuming and
unproductive. Does anybody know of a good tutorial of how to do this the
right way. And if I learn to do it the right way, will it be usable with
other service upgrades... Like for example dhpcd and others?

But the main goal here is to upgrade Squid :-)

Thank you!