Search squid archive

Cardte URL for login

I'm somewhat of a squid neophyte, so please bear with me.  Is there a way to have a squid box authenticate via a URL, such as:

http://proxy.company.com:3128/login?url=3Dhttp://place.iwantovisit.com

instead of having the user configure their browser with the *.pac file address?

I've seen links other schools are using via the EZProxy product, and was wondering if Squid had such a mechanism and how to implement it.

Thanks,
Tom