Search squid archive

Re: Proxy Monitoring Question

Benedek Frank wrote:
Hi

Thanks for helping.
I checked the link, and I like the fact to have a daily report on which
user did what exactly. Nice to have that.
On the other hand, I will look into Group Policies, and how to restrict
direct access to Internet, and route through Proxy.

Is there however a tool, that can generate a real time report, kind of
like Monitoring the current access to the internet? Lets say, I can see
a really high throughput on the firewall, and I would like to check who
is doing what at the time. Is it possible?

Thanks

Ben

iptraf is another good tool for finding bandwidth hogs.

If you're handy with scripting languages you could use tools such as netcat or tcpdump to monitor traffic passing through the gateway and produce whatever reports are required.

--
Robert Borkowski