Search squid archive

Re: Config Issues

Simon Nunn schrieb:

Hello,

I'm in need of assistance and hope you can help.  I have been using Squid
2.5.STABLE12, well, when I say "using" I mean "...swearing at...".

Generally the config is fine but I'd like to nail it down a bit more by
using ncsa_auth.

I have tried to use the config from a 2.4 STABLE6 box I use elsewhere. But
have had little success.

I've been permuting the conf to fine exactly what it's issue is and have it
down to:
	"acl users proxy_auth REQUIRED"

which precedes:
	"authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth
/etc/squid/proxy_users"

The error produced is:
	"The connection was refused when attempting to contact the proxy
server you have configured. Please check your proxy settings and try again."

To help you, we would need more information, as eg. all your ACLs and the http_access lines.
How did you install squid ?
Have you verified that ncsa_auth is at /usr/lib/squid ? Depending on the installation method you chose, it might well be somewhere else. How does your /etc/squid/proxy_users look ?

Sydney Mitchell Solicitors does not accept service by email or fax.
This email transmission may contain confidential or legally-privileged
information that is intended for the individual or entity named in the email
address.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of
this email is strictly prohibited.
If you seek help in a public forum, it would be wise to leave out such legalese. Obviously you posted this mail in a public list, so this is meaningless anyway and lengthens the message unnecessarily for all list users. Or what does "distribution prohibited" mean in the context of an open mailing list that will be archived searchable in several public archives ???

Yours,
Jakob Curdes