Search squid archive

Fwd: RE: parent proxy not working correctly?

Oh yes, is it because I am also using delay_pools? Because my delay_pools does not seems to be working correctly as well. I am using latest stable squid and iptables 1.3.0 and squid 2.5 stable11.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some clue.

When I add "never_direct allow all". All users will not be able to go to any sites. The below error will be given.
--------
The following error was encountered:
   * Unable to forward this request at this time.

This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that: * The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
   * All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
But I tested the parent proxy directly using my browser and it is working fine. When I put that proxy on my PC and go to whatismyip.com, it will give me my realy IP with message below saying proxy server detected with the IP of that parent proxy. But when I add this parent proxy into my squid, it will not work. I tested it with parent proxies using port 80,3128, 8080 all have problems. My own proxy server is using 3128.