Search squid archive

Squid slow shutdown

Hello,

I am using Squid on a home desktop system (Linux/Gentoo/AMD64), which is typically shutdown several times a day. During system shutdown it takes quite a long time (~30 seconds) to stop Squid. (This time is about the same when I stop Squid manually by running init scripts or calling "squid -k shutdown").

I am aware that Squids needs to shutdown cleanly, but it appears it does nothing (minimal cpu/disc activity).
Is it normal, or is there something wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
Michal