From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chin Kah Yi <kahyi@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: Squid Users <squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: transparent proxy with authentication
Date: 29/10/2005 02:22

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Chin Kah Yi wrote:

I see. Do you think the design where cookies were used to keep track of per-user authentication details at client browser is a feasible and good design?

It is a hack. And fails badly for all other applications than browsing as it is not a standard authentication method so none of the methods of specifying the proxy account in other applications works.

Regards
Henrik