Search squid archive

Re: re transparent proxy error

i list the syslog. I found this line in syslog:
localhost squid[6008]: CACHEMGR: <unknown>@127.0.0.1 requesting 'storedir'
localhost squid[6008]: CACHEMGR: <unknown>@127.0.0.1 requesting 'counters'

what mean these lines?

CsY írta:
I use that settings.
Not working :(
ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger)
squid 2.5 Stable
anybody any idea?

Brian Phillips írta:
The list can correct me if I am wrong, but don't you also need a FORWARD
rule set to accept tcp connections on port 8081? It seems I had to have one
when I set up my transparent proxy.

If that were the case:

/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 8081 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.1:8081
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -j REJECT

This is actually the entire ruleset I run to get my transparent proxy to
work. It takes all connections on port 80, sends them to my squid, and then
shuts anything else off.  Try it and let us know what happens.

Brian

 _____________ NOD32 1.1269 (20051031) Információ _____________

Az üzenetet a NOD32 antivirus system megvizsgálta.
http://www.nod32.hu

_____________ NOD32 1.1270 (20051101) Információ _____________