Search squid archive

Re: Redirect certain sites to external proxy using Squid

On 27.10 08:00, Gaylord Van Brocklin wrote:
> Currently, all desktops are setup via auto-detect/wpad to send http
> traffic to a pair of Squid boxes, which in turn send all traffic to
> another pair of AV proxy servers via round-robin cache_peer statements.
>
> We have a requirement to access an external site that is only
> accessible via an external proxy.  Rather than changing the wpad file
> or desktop settings, and creating a firewall rule to allow those
> users directly out to the external proxy, is there a way to force
> squid to pass requests for a specific IP/subnet/hostname to a
> different proxy server?

just set up cache_peer, cache_peer_access and set up never_direct for that
site. they are nicely described in config file or configuration manual at
squid.visolve.com
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod