Search squid archive

Re: digest auth IE problem accessing protected content

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Bryan Keet wrote:

IE prompts the user to enter the username/password to access the content,
which is correct, but then it asks for the squid authentication details
again, repeatedly for every page accessed. I'm guessing IE is mixing up the
passwords etc.?

I would not be surpriced.. The Digest implementation in MSIE is far from perfect.

It all works fine in Firefox and Opera, but sadly I have to get it to work
with IE!

Do you have a MS support agreement covering MSIE? If so it may be worth trying using it..

Known issues with MSIE Digest implementation so far:

- Doesn't implement nonce reuse, causing a lot of redundant traffic (even more than when using NTLM).

- Fails to handle URLs with spaces in them proper (should encode the space as %20 in the Digest and everywhere else, but instead uses the space as-is).

Regards
Henrik