Search squid archive

Re: Squid as FTP reverse proxy

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Alvarez, Wilfried wrote:

I would like now to do the same thing with FTP servers, but Howto? Do I need
two squid deamons running, do I just have to add "listen 21", "ftp_port 21"
"fpd_accel_port 21"... on the config file???
Please help, the doc on it is very poor!!!

Squid is a HTTP proxy. To reverse-proxy FTP you need a FTP proxy.

There is several different FTP proxies available, all fully capable of reverse proxying.

  frox
  SuSe Firewall Toolkit
  and numerous outers. Search freshmeat for "FTP" in the proxies section.

Regards
Henrik