Search squid archive

RE: Parent Authentication request problem

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Chris Robertson wrote:

login=PASS only works for the Basic HTTP authentication scheme. It's likely that the Netscape parent is using Digest. Assuming this is the case, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do.

In theory login=PASS should work for Digest as well, but you can't run local authentication on this Squid proxy in that case. I have never tested this however.

Regards
Henrik