Search squid archive

Re: about the default connection number ?

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, djx wrote:

I know I can limit the number of connetions form a client ,but I want to know what's the default max numbers of connections in squid, I means if I don't configure the parameter "maxconn",what is the max connections the system permit ?

Unlimited, until your Squid runs out of filedescriptors. In most setups the filedescriptor limit is 1024, and each active request uses up to three filedescriptors (one to the client, one to the cache and one to the requested server), minimum one filedescriptor (memory cache hit or access denied)

Regards
Henrik