Search squid archive

Authentication, Cache Peer, and ACL issues

Hi,

I have squid setup as a reverse caching proxy for several backend webservers
using the new cache_peer options.  I'm using the latest CVS version. I have
a few questions

1.	One of my backend Apache Server has been setup to use Basic HTTP
Authentication.  When I access this webserver from the outside through the
squid reverse proxy, I can not login.  If I bypass the squid proxy and
directly access this webserver, I can successfully login.  What's happening
and what needs to be done to remedy this problem?

2.	Is it possible to use proxy_auth acls with cache_peer_access?  Or
are proxy_auth_acls only possible with http_access?  My experiment suggest
that proxy_auths do not work with cache_peer_access.

Many thanks to all those who help answer my questions!