Search squid archive

Re: Auth questions...

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, FamiLink Admin wrote:

1. Dialup:
I authenticate them from the log files from my IAS server (OK, user="username").

Ok.

2. Accelerator access:
Passes a username using a custom http header from the client accel program.

More or less same as 1 then.

3. DSL
I get the IP address at signup and add that to a ACL list with an allow.

The problem I have is I want to identify the DSL clients another way. Their IP's change too often. I would like to use a custom http header variables that I add to the users browser. The problem is I cannot find anything on doing that.

Not easily done. You will need to deliver a custom browser or at least a browser plugin for doing this.

Is this a normal proxy, or a server accelerator setup? If accelerator setup then you could use a browser cookie stored by the signup process.

Regards
Henrik