Search squid archive

Re: Can't show the 413 Request entity too large error page

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Victor Tsang wrote:

 Using packet sniffer it seems when squid stable 10 detects a request
having a content size larger than the max body size, it returns the
413 error immediately but instead of terminating the connection and
stop the upload, it lets the upload continue.

Squid eats the upload, allowing the error message to be sent to the client. The upload is never sent to the requested server.

To be honest I find both options to be less than perfect, what I
really want is stop people from wasting my brandwidth at the same time
give them a proper message to suggest they have done something stupid.

Hard. Most clients only reads the error message after the upload has been sent. If the client connection is closed by Squid before then the connection gets reset and the client never reads the error message.

Regards
Henrik