Search squid archive

Re: Multicast traffic seems incorrectly routed and lost

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Melanie Pfefer wrote:

When we ping 234.234.234.234, we should get normally 9
ICMP replies from the remaining proxies. But if the
same ping is allowed to run for a longer time, then it
becomes clear that some multicast traffic is
apparently sent across the wrong network adapters
(because replies come from unexpected addresses).

This sounds very much like a multicast routing issue, not really a Squid problem as such..

You need to look into the multicast routing of your OS and involved multicast routers (if any).

Regards
Henrik