Search squid archive

Re: What is first exexcuted: hierarachy_stoplist or redirector (squirm)?

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, trash3 wrote:

I have a problem with the execution of the hierarachy_stoplist directive in
conjuction with the use of a redirector program (squirm).
The situation is as follows: I want a request (URL send to squid) first to
be parsed and modified by the redirector program, and then squid should
"decide" if the the neighbour cache is contacted or not, as specified by the
hierarachy_stoplist directive.

hierarchy_stoplist is a bit odd and is evaluated very early in the request processing.

It's better to use always_direct. Serves the same purpose but are evaluated by the peer selection on cache misses.

Regards
Henrik