Search squid archive

Re: Multiple authentication schemes on separate ports

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

- Jim

On Sep 15, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Jim Luther wrote:

I'd like to set up Squid so that it listens on 3 different ports and challenges with a different authentication scheme on each of those ports. For example:

You then need 3 Squids running. The authentication schemes configuration is global, shared by all ports.

If I need to run multiple copies of squid, what other changes (if any) do I need to make to my configuration files so that the different squid processes don't run into each other?

The easiest is to install three Squids with different prefixes given to configure. You then only need to make sure they do not share any ports.

If you use a single binary then at least the following needs to be set uniquely in each config:

  http_port
  icp_port (if not disabled)
  snmp_port (if not disabled)
  pid_filename