Search squid archive

RE: Restricting certain users to certain urls

Change these lines to...

acl abc proxy_auth andy
acl allowsites dstdomain .google.com

http_access allow abc allowsites  # Allow andy to surf google
http_access deny abc              # Prevent andy from surfing elsewhere
http_access allow ldap_group-www  # Allow ldap_group-www to surf

> What I am trying to achieve is to only allow Andy (who is
> grouped in abc
> above) to access google.com only. Other sites are blocked for him. I
> tried it but it didn't work quite well, it does block
> google.com but not
> just for andy, it blocks all other users too.
> Apparently the problem must be something to do with the "acl
> abc ident
> andy". When I retsarted squid the first time after changing the
> configuration, its fine. But second time the following
> message came out:
>
> # service squid restart
> Stopping squid: 2005/09/14 08:48:49| squid.conf line 1791:
> acl abc ident
> bfyong
> 2005/09/14 08:48:49| aclParseAclLine: Invalid ACL type 'ident'
> 2005/09/14 08:48:49| squid.conf line 1821: http_access allow
> abc blocksites
> 2005/09/14 08:48:49| aclParseAccessLine: ACL name 'abc' not found.
>
> Any idea what is wrong? seems like it is not checking the username
> thingi to do the acl.....
> please help me to identify my problem..thanks a lot for
> taking time helping.
> thanks a lot...

You are not using ident to gather usernames (instead it looks like you are using a basic authenticator) so you need to use proxy_auth acls.

Chris