Search squid archive

Re: constant high CPU (>75%) w/ Squid25-STABLE10? thought it was cache-digests, but no ...

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

changing, in squid.conf,

  cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8118 7 default

  cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8118 7 no-netdb-exchange default

results in my squid-related CPU util staying, now, at < 1%, except, of course, when accessing a site/page ...

Interesting..

Can you try again, this time issuing a "squid -k debug" while experiencing the problem and then see cache.log for detailed output of what your squid is doing. (run "squid -k debug" again to stop the debug output).

It is possible your parent is returning some odd response in response to the netdb exchange request, confusing Squid. From looking at the source I have a theory on what it may be.. (theory: no HTTP header found within the first 4096 bytes of the reply, shows up in the debug log as a high rate of "netdbExchangeHandleReply: start parsing loop, size = 0")

If you can confirm this please file a bug report.

Regards
Henrik