Search squid archive

Re: Broadcom Chipset with squid

> On 9/7/05, lokesh.khanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this problem.But I
> would like to share my exp.

Assuming you can replicate this problem with another high-throughput
application, you might have better results in a Redhat-specific forum.

> I am using DL380 compaq server which comes Broadcom Chip set for
> Ethernet controller. Is any one using Compaq Server for Squid. I am
> running Redhat 9 on it. I noticed when squid is passing high traffic,
> Ethernet interface get reset.
> Did anyone else faced this kind of problem?

Yes, there have been many Broadcom (aka 'bge') driver issues with
many OSes, including this specific 'reset' issue.  OS/driver upgrades
sometimes fix the problem.

> If yes what is the solution?

We've switched everything over to Intel 'em' cards, and no longer
have stability and performance issues.  Expensive, but stable.

Kevin Kadow