Search squid archive

Squid to Netscape proxy parent authentication problem

Hi All!

could help somebody please?

My problem is the next, I have a squid proxy 2.5 Stable9 without any
authentication requirement. I have configured a Netscape Proxy 3.52 as
parent. This proxy has require authentication.

if I have set up my browser to connect internet via Netscape proxy, then
authentication works well, but if I have set internet connection via squid
(over parent netscape proxy) then the browser has asked 3 times username and
password, and give an error message : Proxy authorizatin required.....etc
like if i have used a wrong username or password. (?)

in squid.conf:

cache_peer    ip_of_netscape_proxy   proxyport_of_netscape   3130 default
no-query
never_direct allow all

Any solution?

Thanks