Search squid archive

Re: squid firwall rules for windowsupdate validation?

Hi!!

Windows Update really has problems authenticating to squid, so you
need to use some rules in order to get it working. The rules that we
are using are the following:

acl WindowsUpdateSites  dstdomain       .windowsupdate.com
.windowsupdate.microsoft.com .update.microsoft.com

Then, before the http_access rule that requires user authentication,
use this one
http_access allow WindowsUpdateSites

Regards,
Carlos.