Search squid archive

Re: RES: Windows update hangs

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Lasse [iso-8859-1] Mørk wrote:

Argh. I think it works now :)
It still prompts, but only just before showing the update list. hm. weird.

But anyway, it seems like it runs pretty good damn faster.
Thanks. Old you big one.

This happened to me as well. When I reviewed the logs, it was this site that was prompting for authentication. I don't think this will prevent Windows Update from working however.

TCP_DENIED/407 1797 GET http://c.microsoft.com/trans_pixel.asp? - NONE/- text/html

-Mike

acl win1 dstdomain http://*.update.microsoft.com

No, protocol shouldn't be in a dstdomain acl. The correct acl is:

acl win1 dstdomain .update.microsoft.com

If you want the protocol too you need the 'proto' acl type.

Joost