Search squid archive

Re: Windows update hangs

Hi Lasse

It could be related to the problem I'm having, depending on how your proxy it set up. I'm trying to build a box to manage the Quarantine network in our environment and the Windows Update site hangs/fails for me as well. The problem in my case is that Squid is a transparent proxy, and when you click on either the "Custom" or "Express" options, it briefly requires an SSL connection to download.windowsupdate.com - since Squid doesn't seem to have a way to do that in transparent mode, it fails.

If I set IE to use Squid as a proxy directly, it'll work. Have you tried setting the proxy settings directly in IE yet?

Aaron

Lasse Mørk wrote:
Is there anyway to get around this issue?

It just stalls now where it looks for latest updates.
Maybe without caching the windows update files?

I am getting kinda desperate!

Hmm.. Dosn't seem to help :(

It still lacks and run terrible slow.