Search squid archive

RE: Squid -MRTG error - No such name

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Chris Robertson wrote:

ERROR: Target[cacheclienthttprequests][_IN_] ' $target->[3]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cacheclienthttprequests][_OUT_] ' $target->[3]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cachecurrentlruexpiration][_IN_] ' $target->[19]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
ERROR: Target[cachecurrentlruexpiration][_OUT_] ' $target->[19]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data

For me, even when I use lru as the cache_replacement_policy, the SNMP value stays at 0. Apparently MRTG doesn't handle Timetick values of zero very gracefully. As for the Client HTTP requests, I'm using "cacheServerRequests" to good effect.

cacheClientHttpRequests is not a global counter, it is a per client counter in the cacheClientTable. You can use this to plot the number of requests from a specific client by encoding the client IP address into the SNMP object ID if you like.

cacheProtoClientHttpRequests is the numer of requests received by your proxy on it's http_port (and http_ports if any).

cacheServerRequests is the number of requests sent out by any protocol, i.e. cache misses, but also including retried requests.

Regards
Henrik