Search squid archive

Re: Run 2 squids on same computer

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 12:39:40AM +0200, Kinkie wrote:
> Squid doesn't scale well with the number of CPUs. So if you have a
> multiple-cpu box, the best way to exploit all the computing power is to
> run as many instances of Squid as the box has processors.

I recommend also using your OS's CPU affinity selection. Prior to this,
using RHAS3 on Hyperthreading Xeons, the scheduler was sometimes running
two squids on the same physical unit.

(e.g. taskset(8) on Linux)

 - Joshua.

--
Joshua Goodall                           "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                       - FW109