Search squid archive

Re: Does Squid move objects from disk to RAM?

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Brett Glass wrote:

Most file system caches are limited in size and give preference to
metadata.

On the systems I have worked most actively on the filesystem cache is only limited by the amount of free memory you have. This is certainly true on Linux, and also on Solaris and HP-UX when I worked on it last (years ago). FreeBSD seems to behave slightly different however.

Regards
Henrik