Search squid archive

Re: Re: Update cache?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Brett Lymn wrote:

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 07:30:58AM +0200, Joost de Heer wrote:

Schedule wget --recursive --delete-after --proxy=on http://site (and don't
forget to set the proper http-proxy environment variable!)

I have found this doesn't work for my squid environment.  We have
proxy authentication on here using both NTLM and Basic authentication
on Squid 2.5stable7.  It seems that wget is trying to pass in the
Basic authentication but squid is replying with a 407.

have you tried to give a suitable proxy login+password to wget?

       --proxy-user=user
       --proxy-passwd=password
           Specify the username user and password password for
           authentication on a proxy server.  Wget will encode
           them using the "basic" authentication scheme.

Regards
Henrik