Search squid archive

RE: Pessimal behavior with Windows Update (Long)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Brett Glass wrote:

Why go to all this trouble (and expend all of those resources) when all it
takes to fix the problem is to add ACL capability to one Squid parameter?

Then add the ACL capability. It is your choice to select a suitable method in solving the problem.

For me it is sufficient to not cache partial requests, which also means that the versions of windows update using their "download accelerator" is not cached. My (paying) customers are all companies where this is largely a non-issue as they are not using windows update to update their clients.

Regards
Henrik