Search squid archive

Re: ntlm_auth for windows clients that arent part of the default domain

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Carlos Zottmann wrote:

smb.conf has a parameter that might help you ... You should set "use default domain = yes"

Does this really make any difference for NTLM authentication?

It should make a huge difference for Basic authentication however.

Regards
Henrik

Hi !!

I think that it makes difference for NTLM as we use DansGuardian as an upstream proxy, and we forward the client´s username. It is being sent to DansGuardian without the domain portion. Unfortunately I am not sure if this parameter is the reason, as we have changed it when we changed the samba version, a while ago.

Regarding basic authentication, we are having problems with it here, but we didn´t bother to solve it yet as we officially use IE in our network, and it only causes problems to older versions of Firefox and Opera, for instance ...

Regards,
Carlos.