Search squid archive

Re: Squid 2.5STABLE10 core dumps

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

I have been running squid-2.5STABLE5 for ages and was generally
happy. Today I upgraded to STABLE10 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE and all hell
broke loose.

I use squid in a transparent proxy setup using IPFilter and
DansGuardian.

Most likely you have not completed the IP-Filter configuration. Squid needs to be given access to the nat device (/dev/nat or /dev/ipf or similar depending on OS flavor)

Squid-2.5.STABLE9 and eariler didn't notice this config error until a old style HTTP/1.0 request was seen. STABLE10 sees the error on the first request and then crashes due to a new bug, but after first reporting the system config error in cache.log... A patch is available to not crash Squid on this error, but the system config error still needs to be corrected and also avoids the bug causing the crash.

Regards
Henrik