Search squid archive

Re: Logging user ID with passed authentication on parrent proxy

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 Ivo.Hanuska@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all!

After some time of rying, I found, that I am not able to get User ID into
logs for afterprocessing (we access statistics with SARG), even with custom
log patch installed.. My proxy setup is, that I pass requests from client
directly to parrent proxy and authentification info is passed via
"login=PASS" in "cache peer" line. I use Squid 2.5.STABLE10.

Can someone advise some other way how to get user ID into access log
entries?

You need to have authentication configured locally for this..

It may be as simple as a fake authenticator accepting any password..

#!/bin/sh
while read user password; do
   echo OK
done