Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] delay pool in accelerator mode

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Arianto C Nugroho wrote:

Could I use delay pool while using squid as a reverse proxy??

No, they would not become very useful there as the delay pools only limit traffic between Squid and the web servers, not between clients and Squid.

What i want to do is to prevent a single host in internet to consume all of my uplink bandwidth.

Use a suitable traffic shaper on the traffic from your web environment to the Internet.

Regards
Henrik