Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Development of SQL-based ACL?

Hello,

> 2. We would like to be able to administer ACL's through rules stored
> in a external database (SQL). Also, this would pair an IP with
> specific settings for a specific client, i.e. 10.0.0.122 is allowed
> to do this, but not that. Also, if client 10.0.0.122 requests a
> "forbidden" HTTP-resource its request should be redirected to a local
> page. Basically, these settings should be customisable for all users
> so they can acknowledge a forbidden resource, absorb the information
> on the local page (the target of the redirect) and then choose to
> continue on to their (forbidden) destination or not.
>
> For the second point, I'm assuming this would require us to contract
> a developer to make the necessary alterations the Squid's source
> code, so I'm also curious as to your experiences (if any) with known
> companies offering to do customisations on Squid.

i think this project is not _exactly_ for you, but may be you
will find some help - example you can use the source.

here is the link:
http://people.arxnet.hu/airween/mysql_ip_user/

this is not an official release, i made it a few months ago for a
Squid user, who needs it.

if you interest this, contact me trough mail what's on that site.
may be i can help you.

BTW:
this project and an another
(http://people.arxnet.hu/airween/mysql_auth/) will be my thesis
on university, in Hungary.
if anybody uses mysql_auth, please drop me an email about
experiences, eg: OS, hardware, number of user, request per day,
etc...

thanks:

a.