Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Basia Nowak <basiamnowak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dev singh <dev.pratap@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Redirection
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:09:31 +0100 (BST)

Hi.

--- dev singh <dev.pratap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> and make the following prerouting through iptables
>
> iptables -t nat PREROUTING -i eth1 --port 80
> REDIRECT --dport 8080

But... these are no any squid server on my NAT router!
Port 8080 on router is closed. Proxy server is on
other server. I cannont change it. I can only make
someting like this:

WAN Router --->switch --->Server A ---->Server B

But I want to know other way to make transparent squid
without routing change.

--
Cheers
Barbara

hi Barbara
give some details. which server is connected to internet??? with which ur lan clients connect, do clients connect to ur router???? and u have proxy on server A and NAT on server B. do u want ur clients request coming through ur LAN router to be redirected to ur proxy server A.
Regards
Azeem
Does your mail provider give you FREE antivirus protection?
Get Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com