Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] 3.0 roadmap/schedule?

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Dau, Alejandro wrote:

Hello Henrik,
 We use squid 2.4 as a web accelerator running on freebsd, with millons
of connections per day. Usually it has a lot of system cpu usage (more
than twice the usage of the squid process), and some profiling ive done
suggests thats because of poll syscalls on a squid process with several
thousands of established connections.
 I want to try kqueue, but im not sure if it is wise to use the current
squid 3 on a production server. How stable have you seen it behaves as a
web accelerator, on freebsd, with kqueue enabled?

As I am not using FreeBSD I can't comment on the kqueue.

What I can comment on is the stability of Squid-3 and it is not yet ready for production use and I would not recommend using it on a production server at this time unless you have the resources to both test carefully and help fixing problems when they arise.

You are most welcome to try it out in a lab and report your findings however.

Regards
Henrik